Bought MBP at actualy Apple Store, Free iPod offer not valid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I'm just wondering a little over two weeks ago I purchased an MBP at the Apple Store in the Galleria here in Houston. Is the free iPod with the purchase of a MacBook only valid through the Online Store? If I was to buy an iPod now could I still get the rebate? Anyone help on this is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
It's for the student discounts I believe. It's only for students purchasing a new computer.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I'm sorry, forgot to mention that I did purchase the MacBook Pro with the student discount. I start the nursing program this August.

I basically didn't have the cash to front the cost of the iPod at the time, and I wasn't really too interested in getting one, but I've changed my mind and would love to have one.

Reaction score
Not only is it only for college students, you need to have the MBP and the iPod on the same receipt to receive the $200 rebate. There's a $100 MIR for select printers as well.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
Oh man, well I guess I lucked out. Wonder if I could still return the MBP and then buy it back with an iPod? :D I'm just kidding, that would be too much trouble and I doubt they would let me. But I could ask...I'll pass by the Apple Store on Wednesday and see if they could do anythign for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Just as an FYI - The iPod discount is not only for college students. When I go to the apple page, I am logged in under the education store (I'm an elementary teacher) and when I put an iMac into my cart it asks me to add an iPod. I looked at the FAQs and it is for any college student, faculty of a higher education institution, or any employee or student of a k-12 school.

iPod Promo FAQs from http://www.apple.com/backtoschool/faq.html

Major in Mac Promotion Frequently Asked Questions
Qualification and Eligibility
How can I take advantage of the “Major in Mac” rebate offer?

To be eligible for participation in this offer, you MUST meet ALL of the following requirements:

1. You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser. Qualified participants include:

Higher Education
* Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions.
* Students attending or accepted into a higher education institution.

K-12
* Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States or District of Columbia.
* PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed members.
* School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members.
* Qualified Homeschool Teachers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
You have to buy it through the special students online store though right?

@Above, NO thats where I screwed up, the offer nor the discount is valid for K12 students! Only employees of K12 schools are eligible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.