applecare, logic board, ibook g4 etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Okay so this is the third time I've sent my computer into applecare for logic board replacement I told them what it was each time before I send it in.

I don't think they are actually replacing the part based on the description I give of the screen constantly going out after 15 min of use. The apple care rep told me I would recieve a call if a part is replaced. I told them I thought it was the logic board based on my knowledge of other peoples issues with this.

My question is is there a way that anyone has found for apple to replace my ibook since I have sent it in so many times. Or is there something specific I can tell them to replace so that the work is actually done and I don't have to keep sending it in?

I get about 3 months of regular use after each send in before I have to send it back.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I know other people have had this issue I'm just wondering what you did about it without voiding applecare?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.