Ever wish your Macbook was BIGGER?

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a Macbook and a Macbook Pro. I don't play any games, so it pretty much comes down to size for me.

I'm just wondering if any of you ever wish your Macbook was BIGGER?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
No, I wish there was a 12" MacBook though. I'd be all over that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16GHZ, 1G mem, 120HD
im fine with it, The screen is so bright and clear. Plus id hate to lug around a giant laptop, its light and portable, which is what i find is essential in a good laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I agree with the previous posts. I originally was going to go for a 15" MBPro, but decided to go with a Macbook with 2GB of RAM once I was able to compare them both hands on. I like the form factor of the MB better, and find it to be near perfect as a portable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I wish the screen was a tad bigger, but I love it otherwise. I take it on the go a lot, since I'm in college. 14" would be ideal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think the MacBook is perfectly sized - any larger would be too big, any smaller would make the screen difficult to read. It's just perfect for what I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I love the screen size, although i do wish it was lighter. It's not heavy but for the screen size, it should be lighter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
yer i guess i am saying the same here my macbook is just right i take it on the road with me for photography and its grate any bigger and it would be to big but i was looking at the pro for the extra power and speed but not till the next updates

Reaction score
i personally like the size of a 12". A laptop is meant for portability so having a smaller screen is no problem. What I do at home is just dock it and use my 20" widescreen and it works wonders for photoshoping and whatever else i need to do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
I think the size is just about right, it would be nice if it was not so heavy as already said, but other than that its great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
What docking station do you use?

Don't know about achow, but I just plug in the DVI cable and it's "docked" to my 22" Samsung!

Actually I do plug in the MagSafe and now a 4-port USB hub (for convenience). The hub has a Logitech Trackman Wheel permanently plugged in (I am running both a bluetooth Mighty Mouse & Trackman at the same time just for the heck of it!). This way I can download from my digicam, or plug in other peripherals to the USB hub. Since I also use the bluetooth keyboard and airport, there is no other connections necessary for the MacBook.

OP
S
Reaction score
Don't know about achow, but I just plug in the DVI cable and it's "docked" to my 22" Samsung!
Ha! :)

Hey, that reminds me... can an external monitor be plugged in (or removed) while the laptop is running? Or does it need to be turned off first?

One (possible) advantage of a docking station is that the laptop can be removed "on the fly" just by clicking on Undock Computer and removing the laptop. It can also be connected on the fly by just snapping it into the dock.

Can this be done with a Mac and the DVI plug?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Ha! :)

Hey, that reminds me... can an external monitor be plugged in (or removed) while the laptop is running? Or does it need to be turned off first?

One (possible) advantage of a docking station is that the laptop can be removed "on the fly" just by clicking on Undock Computer and removing the laptop. It can also be connected on the fly by just snapping it into the dock.

Can this be done with a Mac and the DVI plug?

Yep, just plug it in. Main screen (turn on), er goes blue briefly, then it switches to multi-display mode. Unplug, and it reverts back to LCD only mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Can it work so only the external monitor displays and the laptop screen is off (or blank)?

Yes, simply close the lid of the laptop and it will hybonate. Then press a key on your external keyboard and it will turn back on. Then just open the laptop and the screen will stay off.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, simply close the lid of the laptop and it will hybonate. Then press a key on your external keyboard and it will turn back on. Then just open the laptop and the screen will stay off.
Do you have to use an ext keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
You could probably just set the external display to be the main one when it is plugged in and not put anything on the internal one... or use both with an extended desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.