Photo touch-up software

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering whether there is software available that allows me to touch up photos, similar to what I can do in Photoshop.
Is there free software available that lets me touch up my piccies?

Ta,
Lilbird.

Reaction score
Depends what level of "touching up" you want to do. iPhoto has some basic photo enhancement features, maybe GIMP is for you.

OP
L
Reaction score
really? you can touch up photos with gimp... i didnt know that.
well, basically, i have never touched up a photo before... but i want to touch up a few photos to give as a present for my mum.
I want to improve skintone and impurities of the skin, and stuff like that.
can you do that with iPhoto? ...i take it that iPhoto will be included with my macbook (which I will get on 16th July - yay).
Tks,
Lilbird.

Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
What else is gimp for ?

You can't really touch up blemishes and the such with iphoto, and you'll have a lot more control in gimp, however, gimp is not an easy program- in fact it's kind of notoriously not easy. There are plenty of good tutorials, however, and most photoshop tricks can be done in 'da gimp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
Gimp runs just fine on my MBP. It does sometimes take a few minutes to launch, but then it runs great.

Don't forget to install X11 from your System Installer disc prior to installing GIMP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.