Time / Time in Sys prefs problem... help!

Reaction score
ello!

I have a program here that I have a paid for student 9-month auth (MAX/MSP) - Upon attempting to start it it's telling me that my current date and time must be set to 06:32:42 on 07/09/07 or later ... And I only have three more runs until I do this. Problem is, my time is set correctly to a time before this...

It's set to now/today (8 July 07)

It thinks I'm trying to fool the software license...

When I go into the sys prefs to see what would happen if I complied with its request - it will hang (beachball) when I click on the time preferences pane and I have to force quit out - other pref panes work fine... just not time. What could be the issue ? How can I fix this ?

two problems really - one app thinks the time is something it isn't and my sys prefs will crash (connected maybe?)

1.83Ghz Intel Core Duo - recently updated OS X to 10.4.10 :)Grimmace: !??) if that means anything ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you tried to delete the corresponding .plist(~/Library/Preferences/?????.plist) file? Can you specify which program you are talking about?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.