Screen Spanning with a Powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
Hey guys,

I'm sure this topic has been covered quite a few times, but this problem is very odd to me. It seems, from what I've read in previous posts, or what my searches could turn up, that spanning with a powerbook is quite simple, and even capable without any firmware modifications (screen spanning doctor, or others).

I have already connected my second monitor via the connector (I believe it's vga) on the right side of my computer. The laptop's screen is now off, and the external monitor is on. Is there a setting I need to change in order to span two monitors?

Thanks a lot! and i'm very sorry if this is a repeat post. I understand how frustrating that is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey!

You're right - the Powerbook does support screen spanning without any additional software.

Try going to 'System Preferences> Displays' and click 'detect screens'. That might force the powerbook to re-activate the internal screen as well as the external. Also check under 'Arrangement' to see whether 'mirror displays' is checked.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
Ah, well I just disconnected it and then reconnected it, and now they're both showing up!! Perfect, I guess it was just a bad connection last time! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help!

-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.