Help connecting MBP to HDTV

Reaction score
My Samsung DLP will only connect to PCs using a VGA cable. No problem, since I already have one. I've connected the VGA cable to the white converter that came with my laptop and plugged it in.

But I'm having trouble actually getting the two to work properly. I went into System preferences > Displays. I even got some sort of Samsung DLP calibration window open. But there was no way to actually click on the continue button. The button was on my TV, but not on the monitor. My mouse only moved the cursor on the monitor.

Also, I also tried to adjust the resolution and now things look a bit off. How do I reset to default?

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Is your TV 720 or 1080?

To get your mouse to the TV - move it off the screen of the monitor to the TV screen - probably on the right side, but try all sides untill you find the correct one.

If it is a 720p screen, try setting the resolution on the TV at 1280 x 720.
Experiment around that range to find the one that works best for your TV.

FYI: You can also use DVI to HDMI cable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.