Using Limewire with a mac

Reaction score
Anyone use limewire with your mac? I know on a PC it pretty much toasts the hard drive after a year or so, at least with my old PC. Will it do the same to a mac?

Reaction score
Anyone use limewire with your mac? I know on a PC it pretty much toasts the hard drive after a year or so, at least with my old PC. Will it do the same to a mac?

Nope, but I still uninstalled it because I'm sort of a paranoid about downloading a bunch of programs to my computer in the first week that I have it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
hmmm ive had it for a while seems fine. *shrug* still does what i need it to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
it doesnt contain any viruses, unlike the pc version does

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Never had any issues with it but I don't use it much.

OP
F
Reaction score
Cool, I downloaded it to get songs that are unreleased, it always seems that somebody has a copy and sure enough I got what I wanted. Generally I use I-tunes but in this instance they didn't have what I wanted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Sounds less than legal to me and not a good subject to bring up on a public forum.

OP
F
Reaction score
Limewire is perfectly legal, downloading songs may not be but I LOVE PRETTY PINK BOWS AND RIBBONS IN MOUNTAINS OF ICE CREAM if the government comes after me for songs that aren't released so be it. Besides, mentioning it on a public forum is a far stretch from getting PC to search my home and computer. Besides what they actually go after people for is sharing not downloading and certainly not two songs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Limewire is perfectly legal, downloading songs may not be but **** if the government comes after me for songs that aren't released so be it. Besides, mentioning it on a public forum is a far stretch from getting PC to search my home and computer. Besides what they actually go after people for is sharing not downloading and certainly not two songs.

Just so you understand...

MF Rules: said:
Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

MF Rules said:
Also profanity is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of symbols or different spellings to try and mask it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Limewire is perfectly legal, downloading songs may not be but I LOVE PRETTY PINK BOWS AND RIBBONS IN MOUNTAINS OF ICE CREAM if the government comes after me for songs that aren't released so be it. Besides, mentioning it on a public forum is a far stretch from getting PC to search my home and computer.

It's for your own good! ISPs get a list of IP addresses every month from sources monitoring the internet, who look around places such as this. Your ISP could well terminate your internet contract as they could face legal action for letting their customers download illegal content on their network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB Hard Drive, 2GB memory
A friend of mine who downloads movies online recently got an email from Comcast telling him they'll cut off his internet service if he does it again. Scary!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
use azureus, works much better with mac, so i have heard,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Azureus is a giant resource hog on the Mac. I would recommend either Xtorrent or Transmission.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Limewire is not illegal. Downloading pirated Software, Music and videos is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Yeah, its only breaking the law if you use it to download things that are illegal (i.e. copyrighted songs). If the programs were illegal you wouldn't see people discussing the different torrent apps here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.