Problem with switching from Mac to Windows

Reaction score
Im new here so bear with me. This might also be in the wrong forum but whatever. I have had a Mac Mini for about a year and I have recently started to switch back and forth from mac to windows. I found that it worked pretty seamlessly for a while but then started to not work at all. When I turn on my mac and hold down the option key the Mac and Windows hard drives both show up. But when I click on the windows hard drive the screen goes gray (as it should) and then black and stays that way. After a while the system reboots itself to mac. Has anyone else had the same problem as me? I am wondering if anyone has any tips for me. Also I find when I don't try to switch for a while (like a couple days) when I try to, it works....!?!?! All help is appreciated. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(White), 2.16Ghz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM Scorpio HD, Intel GMA 950
Try pressing F8 right after clicking the windows hard drive icon. Keep pressing it, not holding it down but rapidly and see if you get a menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.