Dropped your iPhone yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
After watching PC Worlds iPhone abuse test, I'm feeling pretty good about the durability of this phone. I did manage to drop it for the first time yesterday, however, with zero damage to the phone, not even superficial scratches. Have you dropped yours yet? Did your heart stop for a moment? ;)

Reaction score
Not much chance the first few weeks - everyone is probably clutching it too tightly in their hands (and not letting go!) :D

Reaction score
I haven't dropped mine yet and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
This silly kid, managed to RUIN his, during the first TWO HOURS of ownership!!.

Pardon the cliche, but D'OOOH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRyPYYqZHv0

Either a perfect example of why kids shouldn't own anything worth $600 or a kid that wants attention. I mean, why would someone make a video announcing how stupid they are?

I saw one video I can't find now of a guy who dropped his on the ground immediately after pulling it out of the box right in front of the Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After reading the comments, I too am skeptical about that kid dropping his iPhone in the toilet. For starters, he claimed to have camped out for 4 days at a Best Buy, when the iPhone wasn't sold at Best Buy. Second, he didn't show any pictures or evidence of the damaged phone, which shouldn't have been a problem since he could have easily taken the phone out of the toilet.

IMO, his whole story is a bunch of BS

Oh, and I haven't dropped my iPhone, but like PapaNoHair said, it's because I'm holding on too tightly :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Reaction score
Raises an itneresting question, though: What happens to your at&t plan if you iPhone gets destroyed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Either a perfect example of why kids shouldn't own anything worth $600 or a kid that wants attention. I mean, why would someone make a video announcing how stupid they are?

I saw one video I can't find now of a guy who dropped his on the ground immediately after pulling it out of the box right in front of the Apple store.

I found the link to the video you are talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNujZ3ZDKs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Well it feel out of the box. He didnt pick it up and then dropped it. I know when i get mine i will open it on my bed, just incase.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I dropped mine but from like a foot up onto carpet. I have this strange small dent in the top left corner. Barely noticeable but really bugs me! I can't imagine what could have done it. I hold onto it with my dear life.

Still works fine though. :)

Reaction score
Just as long as you clumsy folks keep dropping your shiny new hardware, make sure you aim it at a *FLAT* surface, and not a protruding object, that would cause a high concentration of pressure, upon one small area of that glass screen...

C________R________A________C________K________!!!!

Poor iPhone - look after them, you numbnutz!. :p

We all know how being OVER protective with things, causes more harm than good; this is a classic case of that!. If you get all jittery and nervous, combined with your holding it too tight, ya gonna drop the thing. Period!. Chill, sit back and enjoy. Yeah - it's an expensive item, but not a ming dynasty vase, and you could always buy another, should the very worst happen. CHILL GUYS!.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
We all know how being OVER protective with things, causes more harm than good; this is a classic case of that!. If you get all jittery and nervous, combined with your holding it too tight, ya gonna drop the thing. Period!. Chill, sit back and enjoy. Yeah - it's an expensive item, but not a ming dynasty vase, and you could always buy another, should the very worst happen. CHILL GUYS!.
Yup. Ha ha ha ha!!!!!! You're absolutely right.

I remember my honeymoon. Hawaii, 1984. We'd arrived at Maui and saw a Ferrari 308 GTS that had a sign on it that said, "Rent Me". It was far more than we could afford. I rented a new Corvette for a day for half the price. It was lots of fun. When I returned it the next day, a guy was returning the Ferrari and looked to have had no fun whatsoever. He was so worried about it. ????!!!! They're things. They can be replaced. If you're not going to have fun with something like that, what's the point?

Kudos unlokia!

Reaction score
Yup. Ha ha ha ha!!!!!! You're absolutely right.

I remember my honeymoon. Hawaii, 1984. We'd arrived at Maui and saw a Ferrari 308 GTS that had a sign on it that said, "Rent Me". It was far more than we could afford. I rented a new Corvette for a day for half the price. It was lots of fun. When I returned it the next day, a guy was returning the Ferrari and looked to have had no fun whatsoever. He was so worried about it. ????!!!! They're things. They can be replaced. If you're not going to have fun with something like that, what's the point?

Kudos unlokia!

People's obsession with all things material, angers and saddens me, but also makes me laugh, to be honest. It is a joke!. If my iPod Video blew up, I wouldn't cry, or hold a burial service for it, I'd just accept that it is a _THING_, and nothing more.

iPhone... Car.... PC..... Mac.... Whatever.... these are all *THINGS*, and worth nothing more than their purchased price, or sometimes also the value of the personal content held within them (BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!! - HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE TOLD?!!) so, in a nutshell...

GET A LIFE (and an insurance policy! ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
I dropped mine, but didn't realize it. I was laying in my bed with it and I fell asleep while watching an episode of "Dexter" on the iPhone. I woke up and it was on the floor. Glad it was just a two and a half foot plop onto the carpet and a bunch of clothes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I have dropped mine a few times thankfully I had allready had a case on it. The case exploded into 3 pieces but the phone is fine. Its the contour one the case pops back together don't know if its supposed to do that but it does. I'm sure I'll buy about 5 more cases before I find one I like like the 200 iPod cases I have seemed to aquire.

Reaction score
I dropped mine for the first time on Saturday. I was at the bar, and had it in my back pocket. Went to the bathroom, and was pulling up my pants and clink, there goes my iPhone on the floor. I was so glad it didn't fall into the toilet!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.