iPhoto help

Reaction score
I am getting rather confused with iPhoto. I imported a pile of pictures into seperate folders and what. Organized them how I wanted and all seems fine.

My issue is. I imported folder full of pictures and then sent them to the trash. So when it came time to import them again I get a message that pops up saying I have duplicate photos. Now the only place the pictures are is under the 'Library' section. The folder I had was sent to the trash and the trash emptied. So why are they still in the 'Library'.

Is the 'Library' section just all my pictures in one heaping pile? Why would my trashed ones be appearing in the 'Library'?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I think I might know how to fix your problem. When you delete your pictures make sure that you are in the Library rather than a folder beneath the library. If you delete these folders or pictures within the folders (when they are selected) it will not delete the picts and move them to the trash. It is just like when you delete a playlist in iTunes...the song is not deleted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Albums and folders are just references to the photos, so deleting them there does not delete them from the library.

I usually put the name of the album in the comments section of all of the photos so that I can browse for them by searching for the album name and deleting them from the library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.