Bootcamp XP backlight stays on lid closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(White), 2.16Ghz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM Scorpio HD, Intel GMA 950
Hi, I have a White Macbook with intel GMA 950 graphics. I am using bootcamp to use XP on my machine. I have installed the drivers from the disc and everything works but when I close the screen in XP, the backlight stays on. In power options, I can choose standby or do nothing when lid is closed. Right now I have it set for do nothing and I have to manually turn the brightness all the way down to turn off the backlight to the monitor whenever I close the lid. Is this normal behavior? I do not use an external monitor or even have the dongle connected.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if you have it set to do nothing, then it is quite literally doing nothing. the monitor is staying on. as it does with most mac programs that get around it sleeping when it's shut.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(White), 2.16Ghz Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM Scorpio HD, Intel GMA 950
I use sleepless when I'm in osX and it can turn off the backlight when the lid closes. When I close the lid in XP, the sleep light on the outside turns on solid so it knows the lid is closed. Is there someway I can get the monitor to just turn off? The only options in xp for actions when lid is closed are go into standby or do nothing. What can be done?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anybody have any suggestions to get my computer to turn off the backlight when I close the lid?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
weird...
I do know that the backlight should turn off when set to "do nothing"
as this is true for all windows laptops,
as for your problem I do not know why this would happen
I am going to get either XP or Vista on here shortly and will let you know what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.