mac pro / fonts issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac pro intel
I bought the new G5 Mac Pro Intel Tower and transferred data from my G4.
I am experiencing font problems with the new Mac. First, I couldn't open Futura in my Fonts book. The fonts were in my font library but Font book would NOT import them. I downloaded Linotype Font ExplorerX and the problem was solved. Now I installed Office 2004 and it would not open as it was posting numerous corrupt fonts and asked for these to be removed FIRST. In order to close Office I needed to Force Quit. When I went into Office's preferences and opened fonts these fonts listed were not included with Office but rather in my Font Library.
Help.

Reaction score
Try Repairing your Permissions, that might fix the problem.

To fix permissions, use the Disk Utility. Go into your Applications > Utilities folder, and open Disk Utility. Select the drive you want to repair from the list on the left. If you have more than a single partition on a single drive, select the partition you want to repair. Click on the First Aid tab, which should be selected by default. Now click “Repair Disk Permissions.” OS X will do its thing, and you will see “Repair Complete” when your permissions have been repaired. This will repair your User and Application files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.