Anyone had a play with Time Machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
If so, I'd like to know; do securely deleted files still show up in Time Machine?

There are some things I never want to see again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Nobody will be able to answer that as nobody has used it. It won't be released until October 2007 when Leopard comes out.

In the rare event that anyone here has, they wouldn't be able to discuss it anyway, due to the strict nondisclosure agreements that go along with the privilege of testing pre-release software.

:D

OP
Levi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aye, I know the vast majority of members here won't have touched Leopard... but I know quite a lot of people have (devs, leaked copies etc.) so figured I'd put a question out just incase some of those people are here.

As for the NCA, I doubt Apple would have it's legal team out in force for answering a question like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
As for the NCA, I doubt Apple would have it's legal team out in force for answering a question like that.
Well, in all seriousness, Apple does pay attention to things posted on forums. They can and have taken action against information being leaked out/posted publicly on internet sites and other forums prior to an official release. If such information was posted here, the forums could possibly face a threat of legal action taken against them.

For that reason, the only information regarding Leopard that is allowed here is information that Apple themselves has already released publicly.

Reaction score
ok.

being a windows user for the last 14 years i have no idea about mac OS's.

i turned to OS X about 5 months ago, so my question is how much will leopard cost once it is out in the shops?

hopefully not as much as vista....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
hi there,

when leopard comes out, there is only going to be one version (unlike vistas 6 different versions) this will coat around $129 or £80-90. but there will also be a student discount available. depending if you are a student of course. just cant wait till it comes out.

chrisgrieve

OP
Levi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok.

being a windows user for the last 14 years i have no idea about mac OS's.

i turned to OS X about 5 months ago, so my question is how much will leopard cost once it is out in the shops?

hopefully not as much as vista....

This question has been answered before in other threads... it's not exactly polite nor sensical to ask an unrelated question like that in somebody else's thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac, 1 Ghz G4, 1 GB RAM, running 10.4.10, saving for MBPro
The first thing I wondered was: how big of a HD do I need? I have an external HD to store all my Garageband car-wrecks, but the idea of saving everything for I don't even know how far back must take a dent out of storage. Considering how much stuff I download or create and then delete, I could see my 80 GB HD and 250 GB external being dwarfed eventually.

As to the question in the OP, that's an interesting thought. I would imagine there is some way to secure what you need secure, but until October I can't say for sure.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
Levi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aye, I'm *sure* Apple will have thought about it and implemented it correctly (since securely deleted files are meant to NOT be recoverable, I'm *sure* it wont show them)... but then I thought I better see if anyone knows differently :p

PS. Come to think about it, I think I remember Steve saying that (like Spotlight) you can tell to ignore certain files/locations?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.