How to "Print Selected" in OSX

Reaction score
Windows always had the "Print Selected" option (you know, to print selected text instead of the entire page or whatever). But... sure enough, I don't have that option with my MBP's OSX.

It's really weird to me that there is no "Print Selected" option, or any other option to easily print highlighted (selected) text. Am I just missing something or... what's the deal?

I am using Firefox, and I have a brand new HP printer, but I doubt any of that matters.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, sorry for the idiot question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome Bulldog07,
Nope, not an idiot question, it's been asked before, but you won't find a very good answer. Try here for some solutions.

Hope this helps! :D

OP
B
Reaction score
I found something that _kind of_ helps...

When I'm in Firefox and I pull up the print menu with Command+P or File>Print, if I click "Preview" it opens the entire web page in the actual Preview application...

Then, in Preview, if I go File>Grab>Selection I can highlight any specific thing I want to print, and it opens that selection in a new Preview window. That's nice, but not exactly what I want and who knows how well it will work for different types of ASCII and stuff...

I don't know... I read that other thread and you were right Carol, there are lots of suggestions but no easy fix. It looks like Apple kind of dropped the ball. I can't think of any reason not to offer a Print-Selected option, printing is kind of a drag without it, actually.

Thanks for any further assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I agree, it is a drag for something that should be so simple.

Hope Leopard has a fix for this irritation! :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.