Audio/Video Capture

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have had my MacBook for about a week, and am loving it so far. However, I am now in need of a Audio AND Video capture program. On the PC, I used Windows Encoder to record the animation from a drill-writing program I use...what is available on the Mac that has the same capabilities? Preferably, with at least as good a quality output video/audio file as the Win Encoder was able to produce?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.5 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram / iMac 27" 16 Gb Ram / MBP 2.16 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, iPhone 5, iPad Min
have you tried iMovie? it should come bundled with you mbook and give you the output you desire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
How do I use it to capture animation and sound in another Mac program?

Windows Movie Maker can't do that, can it?

iMovie can't.

OP
T
Reaction score
I never used Windows Movie Maker. Too much bloat. When I needed to capture video/audio from inside another program, I would just use Windows Media Encoder. I am sure there is a Mac equivalent. Being new to Mac, however, I do not know it.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
OP
T
Reaction score
Close, but no cigar.

Maybe it is just me, but the program is not letting me access my other program's Play button, which I need to be able to press in order to have it animate.

I need something where I can do the following:

A ) Select an area of the screen where the animation will play (it is not fullscreen).

B ) Be able to access the program that will play the animation (in this case, Pyware 3D Drill Design).

C ) Hit record on the capture program and then in quick succession hit "Play" on my Drill Design software.

If SnapZProX can do this, maybe someone can tell me how...if it can't, I am hoping someone has some more screen capture software suggestions. Remember, I need to capture both the audio and video from this program.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.