"No Updatable Devices Found" message

Reaction score
Since one of the recent updates, everytime I restart my computer or turn it back on I get this message:
"No Updatable Devices Found - No devices were found that require this firmware update"
Why is this? It is there every time. Doesn't seem right somehow.
Thanks
Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
it's probably for the superdrive, it was a very common problem. you need to go to your apps>utilities folder, and there is a superdrive update installer, i'm not sure exactly what it is called, but something close to that, it is very noticable, and you just need to delete that.

OP
J
Reaction score
it's probably for the superdrive, it was a very common problem. you need to go to your apps>utilities folder, and there is a superdrive update installer, i'm not sure exactly what it is called, but something close to that, it is very noticable, and you just need to delete that.

I found "superdrive update 2.1". Looks like that must be it. Does deleting it do no harm? If so, maybe this is a stupid question, but, why is it there? Or was that yet another mistake from the terrible 10.4.10 update? ( I.e. popping noises, and my USB FAT32 hard drive still not being recognised!)

Thanks
Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
just for the sake of information. the file was there because it had to download the installer before it could run it; which it did. i guess they just couldn't automatically delete it. but they had it set so the installer would run when you booted your computer, so it would upgrade the superdrive right after you booted from your system upgrade. so it was then running the installer when ever you booted, but there was nothing to install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
thanks for asking/posting this. I have the same problem. Thanks ki99 for the fix. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.