All-In-One Printer Recommendations

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone. I am looking to buy an All-In-One Printer (Scanning and Photo printing mainly). Which ones do you think I should consider purchasing? I was looking at HP All-In-Ones, but the current crop don't seem to be getting too many good reviews.

Thanks.

Graegaud

Reaction score
I have my first HP (have only used Epson in the past) and love it. It is an F340 - all in one. Have had no problems with it. It scans, copies and prints.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not related to MacBook Pro hardware. Moved thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I have an older HP All-In-One 2355xi. I've had it for a while now and it has held up fine. Sometimes it will say that theres something wrong with the cartridge and I'll have to replace it even if it isn't empty. But then again, its an older model that I believe isn't even in production anymore so take it for what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I have the Canon MP460 and for the price it is an excellent all-in-one. However, it doesn't have a fax (but I didn't need one).

It has a nice view window in the front that tilts up/down for easier viewing of your photos before printing.

It's also bluetooth and I love the wireless! Easy to set up on the Mac and will cost around $100.

I bought mine in December 2006 and I'm still using the original cartridges and I print a lot of school papers. I didn't expect them to last long, but they must stock with the full color/black and white cartridges. Nice !

You can print photos from your digital camera or put them on iPhoto and print from there. Makes excellent photo prints.

The only complaint I would have it that the uptake of paper when printing begins is a bit louder than I would like. Other than that, it's awesome!

Hope this helps. :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Bought the HP Photosmart C5180 when I bought my Mac. No fax.
Is a network printer I have attached to the router, software for both Mac and Windows and have had no issues with it on any of my machines.
Think only function I have not had occasion to use is scanning into my computer.
I think it is probably last years model as I got it for something like $150 off list at CC when I bought it. But, this should be a good indicator for any of the newer C5100 series models.

ljc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook and eMac at home, Mac tower at work
Kodak AiO Printers

Graegaud,

Have you looked into the new Kodak AiO printers?

www.kodak.com/go/aio

The ink costs less than it does for other printers.

http://www.kodak.com/go/inkdata

Not only is the ink cheap, our printers are easy to use, the prints dry immediately and the pigment based (not dye based) inks last much longer than traditional inkjet prints.

I have been using a 5300 AiO with my MacBook and I can print right to it from Photoshop. It also has this cool feature where you arrange several prints on the scanner and when you scan them in you can have it bring each individual photo in as a single file and it straightens them out.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=10587&pq-locale=en_US

And check out this video from the NYTimes tech blogger... if you like the Mac/PC commercials... I think you will appreciate this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb11rwbS10M

- Jenny

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I highly recommend the Canon All-In-Ones. The reason being is that they use ink tanks instead of cartridges. There is a separate ink tank for each color and typically a separate black for text. Not only are they ridiculously easy to refill, but you don't have to buy a whole new color cartridge just because you're out of one color (and typically they don't all drain at the same rate). I've been using a PIXMA MP500 for a couple of years now and find it to be extremely flexible and the prints are of very high quality. With the built in card reader and USB input, you don't even need to attach it to a computer, everything can be done by just plugging the camera (or its flash card) directly into the printer. There are also separate paper feeds for plain paper and photo paper.

Highly recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Im going to recommend the HP 3210, I've got it and I absolutely love it. They have 5 separate ink cartridges and it also has an ethernet port so you can print wireless. I really love the printer and wouldn't recommend anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.