software help!

Reaction score
Is there a software that u can download any pic on any website to save at ur local hard drive, there are websites that sometimes u can't right click, such as www.wretch.cc thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I could right-Click on all of the images in the link you posted... I'm using Firefox FWIW.

You can also click/hold/drag an image to your desktop (or any other location).

OP
V
Reaction score
plz let me know where i can download the version of firefox, and again, i am able to click hold and drag, but i cannot open it once it's downloaded. it said the file is corrupted for some reason. again, thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
There does seem to be a bit of a problem with it. I can drag an image to the desktop, but it too seems to be corrupt. It won't open with Preview, nor will it open with the Gimp (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). According to the Gimp, the image data is incorrect for a jpeg. When I try to "right mouse button" click to save the image from the web page, it won't work. The page I tried is linked below (I tried saving the image of the Asian woman):

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/fairytale&article_id=7778893

Without going too far into it, my guess is that it's being protected thru JavaScript. I've seen other websites do this. A view of the source for the page linked above shows it includes JS. You could disable JS in your preferences to try to save pictures.

Firefox can be found here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

UPDATE

Stopping JS does no good. The site owner is protecting the images somehow. I'm sure there's a way to get the images, but that's an exercise I'll leave to the OP.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I just went to the same site - multiple pages, including mathogre's link

I use Opera -

I was able to right-click and choose save on all pictures
With all images I was able to drag and drop to the desktop and open them in preview.
There were a couple of animated gif images that when saving using the right-click method would report 'the file does not exist', however even these would allow me to drag-n-drop

Who knows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
'Tis a puzzlement!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.