Can't stay logged in to websites???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was at the Apple store today playing with one, still trying to convince myself one way or the other (I dug up a bunch I stuff I can Ebay to pay for one) and decided to log on to M-F and try posting a message. The problem was every time I opened a new page I would be logged out. I asked one of the sales people and he said it'll do that with sites running javascript. I thought that would really be annoying to get logged out all the time of the many sites I log into. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon, but kind of a downer.

Anyone else having this trouble? I've noticed many people say they posted using their iPhone, but nobody has mentioned this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
For the most part I think all sites I visit that require logins remember the password and username and auto log me in. Ebay doesn't but thats because of their new login security the only allows you to stay logged in for a certain length of time and on a single computer, so if I change to my iMac or laptop or iPhone each change requires me to log back in again. I just ran back through about 5 that I use daily and they all still logged me back in from yesterday without me doing anything special, including macforums

Reaction score
Works for me. I chose the option to keep me logged on. Have closed it and opened M-F w/ no problems. ;)

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess choosing the "remember me" option is the trick to getting around this problem then.

I'm just worried that if I want to check some things online like my bank account or something it does kick me out whenever I go to another page or something. Even if sites like that with sensitive info had a "remember me" option, I wouldn't want to use it.

Reaction score
I never check anything financial on my phone. Call me paranoid, but I work in a financial institution and always hear about how unsecure it is so I try and be cautious. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Works for me. I chose the option to keep me logged on. Have closed it and opened M-F w/ no problems. ;)

Same here and the other message boards I post on. :)

Reaction score
I have the same problem with hotmail, I always have to put in my password every time I go there on my iPhone. The only other sites I've tried were my bank, which obviously doesn't keep me logged in, and I think I was on sternfannetwork once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.