Games quiting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4/PowerMac G4/2nd Gen Ipod Nano
I just bought a cheaper PowerBook G4 867 MHZ 1 GB RAM 80GB HD for when I travel. However, when I play a game like Quake III or Halo, after about 10 mins or so, the games quit. I don't have any problem with other Apps like Logic or Garageband. I've gone through about every resolution in each game and it still happens. Maxed out RAM can't be the problem, and I don't think it's the CPU as Quake III needs only about 400MHZ and still quits. I'm just about out of ideas. Any help would be heavily thanked. Also, I know this is probably a somewhat popular topic, so if it has already been answered just point me to that thread. Thanks.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone? I'll quickly bump this once, then let it die.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I'm sorry that this is happening to you. Unfortunately, I don't really have an explanation for this but this thread has only been up for a day. Let it have some more time before you completely give up. I'm sure someone can help you out here.

Reaction score
I just bought a cheaper PowerBook G4 867 MHZ 1 GB RAM 80GB HD for when I travel. However, when I play a game like Quake III or Halo, after about 10 mins or so, the games quit. I don't have any problem with other Apps like Logic or Garageband. I've gone through about every resolution in each game and it still happens. Maxed out RAM can't be the problem, and I don't think it's the CPU as Quake III needs only about 400MHZ and still quits. I'm just about out of ideas. Any help would be heavily thanked. Also, I know this is probably a somewhat popular topic, so if it has already been answered just point me to that thread. Thanks.

If it's used which I'm assuming it is then that could be the root of the problem.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I suppose I was a bit hasty to let it die, but former forum experiences led to me being worried about that.

Used may have something to do with it, however i'd imagine i'd have some other problems if it were mistreatment. DVD's are playing fine, as are full screen videos. I'm checking out alot of the normal problems from apple's website. Also, I found out that playing the games in a window, instead of full screen, doesn't cause them to quit. I'll keep looking. Thanks guys.

Still open to any suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Have you checked for any patches for the programs on their websites? Did you put a fresh install of OS X on the pb?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.