My iWeb wish list

Reaction score
As I am struggling with a new iWeb designed site, I have developed a list of what I would like iWeb to do:

#1-allow chosen links to open in a separate window. I had to search out the correct HTML code online, and now have to copy and paste it in manually each time I edit and re-launch)

#2-insert the correct HTML code for symbols (Like the c-in-a-circle for "copyright" etc). Though iWeb does provide a menu of symbols you can add to your site, something gets corrupted in the translation to the net and they appear online as random marks only, "????", etc.

Again, something I have to fix manually each time I edit/republish). On. Each. Page.

#3 Be able to add a nav. bar anywhere on the page, not just the top. (I prefer mine at the bottom and had to create separate text boxes, which created many annoying symbols I had to manually delete)

#4 Faster load time- especially for sites that are image-heavy, like mine. I have seen this on other iWeb designed sites, not just mine. If it is a business site (like mine) you run the risk of losing visitors and potential clients waiting for a slow page to load.

#5 Also, it would be nice to have some guidance on HOW and where in the HTML code to add meta tag names and key words. Just a thought.

As I am far from an HTML pro, I purchased this program SPECIFICALLY to avoid HTML coding issues.

What say you, Apple?

here is the result- still a work in progress:

www.claudiajulian.com

Thank you for letting me vent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.