iTunes Tips And Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
iTunes Tips And Tricks

I found out some pretty good stuff today, I want to spare the araditracker community the effort to search all day.

- Vista
Problem 1: Since u got iTunes 7.3 your iTunes might not start,

1 Remove Quicktime ( Or repair if u repair skip step 3 and 4 and choose repair at step 2 too, if it doesnt work remove it )

2 Remove iTunes ( Or repair if u repair skip step 3 and 4, if it doesnt work remove it )

3 Go to This Site and download iTunes ( Quicktime is automaticly included )

4 Install iTunes and Quicktime

5 Run iTunes ( if it doesnt work post it plz! )

Note: To Remove ( Deinstall ) click Start > Control Panel >
then look for the Programs tab, and right under it click remove programs ( or whatever they call it I translate it from my dutch vista version )

This worked for me!
If it doesnt work, deinstall iTunes and Quicktime and downgrade to 7.2 or lower... iTunes 7.2 Or Older Versions Select one on the right of the page.

Problem 2: if iTunes cant save:

How to re-create your iTunes Library
Learn how to re-create your iTunes library and playlists.

Re-creating the iTunes Library file
Follow these steps:
1. Quit iTunes.
2. Locate your iTunes folder.
o For Mac OS X the iTunes folder is stored in one of the following locations:
/Users/username/Music
o For Microsoft Windows XP and 2000 the iTunes folder is stored in
\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
o For Microsoft Windows Vista the iTunes folder is stored in
\Users\username\Music\
3. Open your iTunes folder.
4. Drag the iTunes Music Library.xml to the Desktop
5. Drag the following file from your iTunes folder to the Trash:
<LI style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none">
o Mac OS X: "iTunes Library" (in versions of iTunes prior to 4.9 this was called "iTunes 4 Music Library").
o Microsoft Windows: "iTunes Library.itl" (in versions of iTunes prior to 4.9 this was called "iTunes 4 Music Library.itl")
6. Open iTunes.
7. From the File menu, choose Import. Tip: Do not add any music into iTunes at this point.
8. Navigate to the iTunes Music Library.xml file on the Desktop.
9. Mac users: Click Choose.
Windows users: Click Open.
After re-creating your library, any devices that you sync with iTunes (Apple TV, iPod, etc) will see your iTunes library as a new library and will completely resync."

For steps to backup and restore playlists see "iTunes: How to backup and restore playlists. "

If your podcasts list in iTunes is empty after following these steps, click here.

Note: If the iTunes Music Library.xml file is not available, follow the "Add to library" steps in "iTunes: About the Add to Library, Import, and Convert functions" to add files back to the Library (because the iTunes Music Library.xml file is not available, playlists and other information will not be available).

If it doesnt work, deinstall iTunes and Quicktime and downgrade to 7.2 or lower... iTunes 7.2 Or Older Versions Select one on the right of the page.

- Mac

Problem 1: if your iTunes won't start and u use Shapeshifter try adding iTunes to your exclude list in the ShapeShifter preference pane. Looks like there is an incompatibility.

Problem 2: your iTunes library cant save

try this first: ( READ THE WHOLE SOLUTION BEFORE U USE IT!!! )
[/size]

Follow these steps:
1. Quit iTunes.
/Users/username/Music
\Users\username\Music\
o Mac OS X: "iTunes Library" (in versions of iTunes prior to 4.9 this was called "iTunes 4 Music Library").
o Microsoft Windows: "iTunes Library.itl" (in versions of iTunes prior to 4.9 this was called "iTunes 4 Music Library.itl")
6. Open iTunes.
7. From the File menu, choose Import. Tip: Do not add any music into iTunes at this point.
After re-creating your library, any devices that you sync with iTunes (Apple TV, iPod, etc) will see your iTunes library as a new library and will completely resync."

For steps to backup and restore playlists see "iTunes: How to backup and restore playlists. "

If your podcasts list in iTunes is empty after following these steps, click here.

Note: If the iTunes Music Library.xml file is not available, follow the "Add to library" steps in "iTunes: About the Add to Library, Import, and Convert functions" to add files back to the Library (because the iTunes Music Library.xml file is not available, playlists and other information will not be available).

iTunes can't save, downgrade to iTunes 7.2 Or Older Versions Select one on the right of the page.

- All Windows

Problem 1:

Do u want to export your iTunes playlists to m3u format? or just to Windows Media Player?

There is a way, its easy, takes no time, and no knowledge of scripts and other hard computer languages.

1 Open Windows Media Player ( if u dont have it, run windows update, its somewhere out there( maybe under optional )

2 Once u have Windows Media Player, open iTunes

3 Select the playlist u want to convert

4 Click edit > select all

5 Go to WMP ( Windows Media Player ) and click New Playlist, make sure its on the right ( list ) so u can add files

6 Drag the selected iTunes Files into the new playlist on the right

7 All the files will add up, on the bottom of the list click save

U now have it converted to a WMP Playlist if u want to convert that to m3u follow the following steps:

8 Play the playlist

9 Right click the bar with things on it like Now Playing and Library, click File > Save Now Playing List As

10 Choose a map and name and click Windows Media Playlist (*.wpl ) and select M3u Playlist (*.m3u )

11 Jobs done!

Problem 2: if iTunes cant save:

Follow these steps:
1. Quit iTunes.
/Users/username/Music
\Users\username\Music\
6. Open iTunes.

If it doesnt work, deinstall iTunes and Quicktime and downgrade iTunes 7.2 Or Older Versions Select one on the right of the page.

There must be somethings that are not correct above ( names and stuff ) because I translated and stuff, but plz tell me the things wrong, I will edit it.

Feel free to add additional tips below, Ipod tips are allowed too of course.

OP
R
Reaction score
Keywords

The thing u googled for is above!!

im going to say some keywords so people that google the problem will find it

itunes wont start
itunes won't start
itunes wont launch
itunes won't launch
itunes 7.3
library can't save
library error
library won't save
library wont save
itunes playlist to m3u
itunes m3u
itunes playlist to windows media player
itunes playlist to WMP
downgrade itunes
download itunes 7.2 for mac
download itunes 7.2 for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.