Looking for headphone adapter for iPhone

Reaction score
I just bought a new set of headphones (Sony MDR-EX51LP) a couple months ago. I got a pair for both me and my fiancee. We use them on our current iPod's but I was looking forward to using them on the iPhone and like most if not all others they don't fit in the headphone jack since the headphone jack is too far in and the phone is curved.

I know the iPhone came with earbuds but I don't like that style since they don't stay in my ear well. I prefer something more like the ones I bought. I'd like a pair of earbuds that have the mic though. That's something I may look into down the line but

My question is, is there a set of 3rd party earbuds with mic that is out at this time or planned?

Is there an adapter even that I could plug my current headphones into and then plug into the iPhone?

I know it's not stereo but if I get a bluetooth headset can I play the iPhone music over that?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just bought a new set of headphones (Sony MDR-EX51LP) a couple months ago. I got a pair for both me and my fiancee. We use them on our current iPod's but I was looking forward to using them on the iPhone and like most if not all others they don't fit in the headphone jack since the headphone jack is too far in and the phone is curved.

I know the iPhone came with earbuds but I don't like that style since they don't stay in my ear well. I prefer something more like the ones I bought. I'd like a pair of earbuds that have the mic though. That's something I may look into down the line but

My question is, is there a set of 3rd party earbuds with mic that is out at this time or planned?

Is there an adapter even that I could plug my current headphones into and then plug into the iPhone?

I know it's not stereo but if I get a bluetooth headset can I play the iPhone music over that?

Yes, there are adapters that should give you the clearance you need. Check Radio Shack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DBA24138&nplm=TN546LL/A

I ordered it Thursday night the 5th. They said it would ship Friday the 6th and it would arrive Tuesday the 10. Instead it arrived today. ^_^ I'm using it right now w/ Bose headphones.

I was concerned over the plug's length and that it would be awkward at best, being a rigid plug and all or so I thought. It is flexible in the middle however, so the risk of it breaking or damaging the iPhone is lower than it might have been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
V-Moda Vibe Duo

Could be a nice replacement for the Sony's when they fall apart (and they WILL fall apart).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.