photoshop

Reaction score
just wondering if you could tell me which version of photoshop you get on the new macbooks??

Reaction score
Whilst technically correct, that's not a very helpful answer.

MacBook's, or any Apple hardware for that matter, do not come pre-installed with a copy of Photoshop. If you'd like a copy, you'll need to buy the latest version from Adobe (Photoshop CS3) - which runs perfectly fine on a MacBook, although having as much memory as possible will help.

Mac's do come pre-installed with iLife, which contains GarageBand, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD and iWeb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Or you can download the free photoshop alternative, Gimpshop.

Reaction score
Seashore is good as well, if a lot more basic than GIMP (and more suited to beginners) and it doesn't require X11.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Seashore is good as well, if a lot more basic than GIMP (and more suited to beginners) and it doesn't require X11.

Pretty sure there's a version of Gimpshop that doesn't require X11.

OP
cryingoutloud
Reaction score
Whilst technically correct, that's not a very helpful answer.

MacBook's, or any Apple hardware for that matter, do not come pre-installed with a copy of Photoshop. If you'd like a copy, you'll need to buy the latest version from Adobe (Photoshop CS3) - which runs perfectly fine on a MacBook, although having as much memory as possible will help.

Mac's do come pre-installed with iLife, which contains GarageBand, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD and iWeb.

thanks, thats the answer i was looking for.

OP
cryingoutloud
Reaction score
Or you can download the free photoshop alternative, Gimpshop.

i prefur photoshop, i use it at college and have it on my pc. i didnt realise that you had to purchase it when you bought a mac though, i assumed it would be on as standard. thanks for help peeps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive
i have photoshop on my macbook and i dont kno what i would do without it

Reaction score
i prefur photoshop, i use it at college and have it on my pc. i didnt realise that you had to purchase it when you bought a mac though, i assumed it would be on as standard. thanks for help peeps :)
It's a very expensive piece of software, especially in the UK (£570 retail). Not sure Apple could afford to take that hit in the MacBook margins :p

Reaction score
Actually, what about Photoshop Elements? Is that made for Mac as well? If so, that would be cheaper still.

Reaction score
It is, believe it's around £60 (probably $99). Nowhere near as powerful though, depending on what you actually need it for. The chances are you either need one or the other, in which case neither is a particular good substitute for the other.

OP
cryingoutloud
Reaction score
thanks for your help and advice Soundsgood, i appriciate it, i know it can be tedious answering the same questions from different n00bs ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.