HELP Macbook starts up like it was a month ago...

HKY

Reaction score
Today I started up my computer and somehow it started up like it was a month ago.... meaning the way my desktop looks, I'm missing pictures since of that time, my email had to be rebuild again.... I'm missing documents. I just don't understand how this could happen?

I know it was possible under Windows to reset to another time, is there a way in Mac too. I hope so... as now I lost some precious pictures (I did make a back up folder but ofcourse that is gone too).

thanks

Reaction score
Run a search for a known file name so that if it still exists, you'll know where it and probably everything else ended up.

From that, it would be easier to figure out what happened.

OP
H

HKY

Reaction score
i did that... not

I had deleted files (emptied trash) 3 weeks ago and mysteriously that is all back. I mean literally what I said, old files are back, new ones are gone... it reminds me of Windows... where you could set up points at where you could restart if you had a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
my friend has the same problem
he has a ibook tho
and sometimes when he turns it on his desktop looks like it did when he first got it and all his files are missing but not deleted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just out of sheer curiosity, do you have an external backup?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.