Apple MacBook white 2.16GHz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to say HI to the MAC community. I just ordered my macbook, and I will soon be one of you!
I just have a few questions.
  1. Is the MacBook suitable for leaving it on for about 8 hrs constantly, or will it overheat (like many of those other laptops)?
  2. Is the processor very loud? (Or does the fan run quite loudly?)
  3. What is the most annoying problem you had with your macbook?
I can't wait till I get my macbook!!
CU,
Lilbird.

I

idave

1 Yes thats not a problem with the macbook.
2 its almost silent.
3 I think its kinda heavy for its size, its feels solid with no creeking. Very well Built.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I know, this question is kinda stupid... but can I connect a second monitor to the macbook and then run it on dual monitors? i.e. use both monitors.
Also, the built-in microphone.... is that of good quality, i.e. good enough for talking over VoIP?
How come, that just a couple of months ago, the standard RAM for a macbook was only 521, now its 1024, whereas most windows laptops already have a standard of 2048? Is it really true that MAC does not need as much memory, and still performs better than a windows laptop?
where is the fan situated on a macbook - would it be ok to use the macbook on a mattress or on carpet? when i did/do this with my current laptop, it does get pretty hot.
...cant wait.
tks,
lilbird.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Get out of the habit of using any notebook on a mattress or on carpet without a notebook desk. You are covering the vents when you do so, basically defeating it's ability to breath and vent heat.

I keep an iLap sitting by my bed for this purpose.

The built-in mic is fine for Voip.

As to the matter of the amount of memory you find in laptops on the retailers shelves, you will find that the windows manufacturers toss in more memory while Apple gives you a higher end processor.

Which do you want, a lower end processor, that is cost prohibitive if not impossible to upgrade - or less memory which is inexpensive and easily user upgradeable in any notebook?

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi!

Cool, tks for that. I think I might be getting an iLap soon as well. I just love working in my bed...

Lilbird.

OP
L
Reaction score
...so, what about the screens.
can i connect my macbook to a pc screen and then use both screens?
tks,
lilbird.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
yes you can connect the macbook to an external monitor and use both screens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.