Is black really that exciting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
In terms of black or white or mbp i began with loving them all cos my dads girlfriend got one but i never took to it at first (she was really possesive and i never got a go)

To be honest, I wouldn't let someone use my machine for more than a few minutes, and even then I'd probably feel compelled to supervise, hahaa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
The black isn't that exciting. It might be if it was the same price as white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Us refurb buyers think different. It is only 50 more for the black an a bigger harddrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
50 dollars? Maybe, but what about the difference between a refurb blackbook and a refurb whitebook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
50 dollars? Maybe, but what about the difference between a refurb blackbook and a refurb whitebook?

That is the difference between a refurb blackbook and white book. For 50 dollars you ge black an 120 gb hard drive.At least that how it was when I bought it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Except in Canada, the refurbished blackbook is $1,425.00, and the new white macbook is $1,449.00. If you add the educational discount (as I did), then the new white one is actually less money (and you can't add this discount to refurbished systems anyway).

If you add extra HD space on top of that (to equal the HD on the blackbook), the prices would be the same between the refurb. blackbook and the new white system. Without the educational discount, the white one with the 160GB HD would be around $100 more.

Not worth buying the black refurbished one if you can get an education discount on the new white one, thereby equaling the price of the black one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Except in Canada, the refurbished blackbook is $1,425.00, and the new white macbook is $1,449.00. If you add the educational discount (as I did), then the new white one is actually less money (and you can't add this discount to refurbished systems anyway).

If you add extra HD space on top of that (to equal the HD on the blackbook), the prices would be the same between the refurb. blackbook and the new white system. Without the educational discount, the white one with the 160GB HD would be around $100 more.

Not worth buying the black refurbished one if you can get an education discount on the new white one, thereby equaling the price of the black one.

But that is Canada. America's hat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is the difference between a refurb blackbook and white book. For 50 dollars you ge black an 120 gb hard drive.At least that how it was when I bought it.
But I would rather buy a new one. I don't know what the difference here is anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 Canadian dollar = 0.958589 U.S. dollars

So are money is worth more than yours. Congratulations???

Besides I was just joking. I respect all my Canadian brethen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I realize that. I was just noting how our it used to be worth around 70 cents (not 96), so it is clearly rising. Therefore, the Canadian prices will be very similar to the U.S.A. prices soon, and I can't wait until Apple Canada updates that stuff. Many companies haven't changed the prices of their products yet because the Canadian dollar can change again, but I doubt it will. It has mainly been rising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hasn't the USD just been falling?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Canadian dollar has been rising as well, so the gap only gets bigger.

Reaction score
Yes. The pound is worth twice as much as the dollar.

Sort of. An american dollar is worth about 2 pounds sterling, but a pound does not equal 2 dollars, which is what would be meant when you say "the pound is worth twice as much as the dollar."

Also they pay higher taxes than we do, so things are still more expensive there lol. Try buying gas in europe and telling me the pound is really worth more than the dollar!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sort of. An american dollar is worth about 2 pounds sterling, but a pound does not equal 2 dollars, which is what would be meant when you say "the pound is worth twice as much as the dollar."

Also they pay higher taxes than we do, so things are still more expensive there lol. Try buying gas in europe and telling me the pound is really worth more than the dollar!

Umm...no. An American dollar is not worth 2 pounds sterling. It's the other way round. Maybe if petrol (I refuse to use the word 'gas' for fuel) was the price it was here we wouldn't have quite such a big problem with carbon emissions.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic, so I won't post again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
I refuse to use the word 'gas' for fuel

Why is petrol called gas in the US? And for that matter, why is heavy oil called diesel? I mean, did Rudolf Diesel create the stuff?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.