A hello with a question.

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just bought a MBP, 15 inch, 2.4 Ghz, glossy screen, stuck with 2 gigs of ram per what i read on here about saving lots of $$ buying and installing it myself.

I'm coming from a whole life of using windows, but my sister has a mac and i must admit ive been jealous for sometime. We shall see how i like it.
I got a free red nano ipod, and a free HP scanner, copier, printer too.

I do have a TON of music (as in like 40 days from top to bottom in my itunes, way too much for my 80 gig ipod to hold all of it) so im figuring ill need to buy an external hard drive, what do you guys reccomend. I need atleast 500 GB, likely 750 or 1000

I'm not going to run anti virus per what ive read on here, no real need to which is awesome.

I have a copy of windows office 2007 that i put on a recently purchased windows computer, can i put that on the Mac or no because it was bought for windows?

And finally, my real question.... What the heck does apple TV do? i might be interested in one, but i cant quite figure this out.... anyone want to give me a simplistic explanation.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just bought a MBP, 15 inch, 2.4 Ghz, glossy screen, stuck with 2 gigs of ram per what i read on here about saving lots of $$ buying and installing it myself.

I'm coming from a whole life of using windows, but my sister has a mac and i must admit ive been jealous for sometime. We shall see how i like it.
I got a free red nano ipod, and a free HP scanner, copier, printer too.

I do have a TON of music (as in like 40 days from top to bottom in my itunes, way too much for my 80 gig ipod to hold all of it) so im figuring ill need to buy an external hard drive, what do you guys reccomend. I need atleast 500 GB, likely 750 or 1000

I'm not going to run anti virus per what ive read on here, no real need to which is awesome.

I have a copy of windows office 2007 that i put on a recently purchased windows computer, can i put that on the Mac or no because it was bought for windows?

And finally, my real question.... What the heck does apple TV do? i might be interested in one, but i cant quite figure this out.... anyone want to give me a simplistic explanation.

Thanks
You can run office 2007 by dual booting Windows XP or Vista, which you'll need to buy. The program (boot camp) that boots windows is free and can be found on the apple website.

Apple TV is basically a large hard drive networked to all your Macs that plays your movies and music on your TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.