• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting VHS to DVD on Macbook Pro (am i allowed to ask this?)

Reaction score
i made a post about this in general chat and it got deleted and i dont know why..am i not allowed to ask this?

if so mods please PM me and let me know why instead of just deleting the thread so i know what to do and not to do next time!

anyhow, so im looking to convert some of my old vhs tapes onto DVD...is there a way i can do this on my macbook pro? is "Dazzler" any good? can anyone give me some pointers?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Reaction score
This isn't too hard if you already own a digital video camera that has a video in/out port, this is downright simple. Connect your VCR output up to the A/V in jack (using the cable you got with the camera to hook it up to a TV). Now plug in your camera's firewire to your mac. Open iMovie, press record in iMovie, press play on the VCR... TADA!
Now pass that video over to iDVD when it's done, make a DVD... Burn it... Impress your friends.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.