Mail and Keychain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
Mail keeps asking me for my passwords! I have run the First Aid option in Key Chain, but it shows there is no problems.

I have also followed the advice on the Apple web site, but it keeps happening!

I'm using Mail 2.1.1, Key Chain 3.3.2 and OS 10.4.9.

Any ideas, ????? Please help, it's driving me mad!

GP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I've got the same problem going on anybody got any ideas on how to resolve it? I enter my password for all four of my email clients in the mail app. click the box to remember in key chain. I then close the app and reopen it only to have it ask me again, and then again and then again. I'm going nuts. HELP?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
try onyx and clean everything up. this may work but not 100% sure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was my second thing I tried. My 1st was going to Key Chain and doing verify and repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wa-lah! I had to go back to Key Chain Access(in Utilities folder) go to file and create a new key chain. Then I named it "Login" Shazzam all of a sudden there were 121 items in it including all my adium and mail app. passwords. I'm back to normal. I'm guessing I must've fried the "Login" Key Chain some how. Just make a new one and name it "Login" it worked for me. If you get into the access and you already have a keychain named "Login" then you can go back too bangin your head against the wall. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
I have been having the same problem. I just tried what you suggested steven... let's hope it works for me too. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.