I bought a mac because . . .

Reaction score
the laptop is the best value in the thin and light category

I'm sure I could've save a couple of hundred had I gone with a different company, but the macbook was thinner with better features packed in (blue tooth, HDD space, dvi output, etc.)

on top of all that, I can use boot camp to use XP (I've been enjoying Mac OS X so much that I haven't bothered yet)

that's all I have to say

oh, and great resell value never hurts

maybe I'll sell this baby when that new MB with LED + Santa Rosa comes out (what's it looking like, November?)

I wouldn't mind getting more battery life out of this little thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Umm, if you're just going to Boot Camp Windows all the time, why get a Mac? .......................

Just try using OS X all the time, you never know, you might end up "forgetting" to install Windows ;)

Reaction score
Umm, if you're just going to Boot Camp Windows all the time, why get a Mac? .......................

i agree when i get my MB i would never think of installing windows

why would you need to?

there is a mac equivelant for practically every windows programme or a mac version

i agree with smurfy you might "forget" to install windows

OP
R
Reaction score
i agree when i get my MB i would never think of installing windows

why would you need to?

there is a mac equivelant for practically every windows programme or a mac version

i agree with smurfy you might "forget" to install windows

it's been nearly two weeks and I haven't had a reason yet

I can only think of a few so far:

-Mototrola cell phone applications. I'm not talking about consumer level media programs, but programming apps needed to make changes and such on my phone

-CPS3 emulation, hasn't happened for Macs yet. It's very new for the PC side of things and Mame is horrible at running it as of now

-iPod updates, I decided to restore my iPod to FAT32 after I found out that PCs won't recognize the Macintosh format. This is important because it's useful to be able to transfer big files from one comp to the next. Unfortunately, I can't update it now through my MB on OS X.

otherwise, I don't really have much of a reason. Everything else is better in every which way. It's less cluttered and does what it's supposed to (no more visits to the Windows registry for me).

Reaction score
I was a PC user all my life, so there are a few apps I have become accustomed to, so i do have windows on my mini. it's not that I need it, but it is nice to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
It was time to replace my older laptop and I was sick of viruses, spyware and security updates.

T

todd51

I was also mainly tired of the daily upkeep of a Windows PC. It seemed like every time I logged on, I had a virus definition update.

Now I have an awesome laptop with bluetooth and everything, and it can even handle the few games I throw at it. I love it and I haven't felt the need to install Windows on my MBP. Just go a couple of weeks without and you won't know why you ever used it!

Reaction score
I bought my MacBook 15 months or so ago because I was tired of having to call MS to activate Windows every time I re-installed it.

I bought my Mac Pro because I wanted something more powerful and I loved my MacBook so much. I run Windows in a VMWare Fusion VM. I'd be Windows-free if it weren't for the fact that I need it for my work and MS Money.

Reaction score
I finally bought a macbook, because since i have a windows vista pc i have totally lost faith in windows.
vista is so full of bugs... open file dialogues don't refresh... argh!!! its so annoying.
before vista i never had a problem, well, a real problem, with windows.. but vista is awful, and now i'm a mac person. (and linux of course hehe).
lilbird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.