Some fast help please, external drive from my Mac to a clients DELL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 10.5.6, 4 gig several ImacsG4's 640kb/10.3.9 and an Ibook G4/Tiger
I need to deliver about 25 gig of images to a client and would like to give them it on an external HD like I usually do but they use Windows/Dell and needed to know if I need to prepare the drive a certain way so they can read the data (TIFF's and JPG's in folders) if I do need to do something special can it be done with the disk utility in OS 10.4.9

thank you
Ray

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I need to deliver about 25 gig of images to a client and would like to give them it on an external HD like I usually do but they use Windows/Dell and needed to know if I need to prepare the drive a certain way so they can read the data (TIFF's and JPG's in folders) if I do need to do something special can it be done with the disk utility in OS 10.4.9

thank you
Ray

Yes, the drive needs to be formatted as MS-DOS. Open Disk Utility, click the drive, click the Erase tab and choose MS-DOS from the Volume Format drop down.

OP
RayLee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 10.5.6, 4 gig several ImacsG4's 640kb/10.3.9 and an Ibook G4/Tiger
thanks

Thanks you for the help

Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.