Safari and other programs have lost it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2ghz Dual Core DVD+RW 512MB RAM, iMac G3 - 400 Mhz, 256MB RAM
Hi All,
My Macs have developed an odd problem, They just loose the connection sometimes. I have two macs - A Macbook and Mac Mini. Both run off my netgear router and are up to date. Both are running the BETA of Safari, but this happened on the previous versions and on firefox. I also have a pc but it does not affect this...

I am often in three locations, House 1 (Home)- Netgear router - ISP:TalkTalk, House 2 - D-Link Router - ISP:TalkTalk and at Work - 3Com Routers - ISP:Something (Not TalkTalk).

I am wondering if it could be TalkTalk as it also happens at House 2 but not at work.

In safari, it comes up with the message 'You are not connected to the internet'. I usually press enter 10 times and it works again.

After all of that, Any ideas?

Thanks;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Instead of repeatedly jabbing your return key, next time run the Network Diagnostics (just click the button that comes up in Safari when the "You are not connected to the Internet" message comes up.)

It will display a helpful series of red and green indicators that should help you to identify the source of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.