Looks like Flash is in the near future

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Q&A with Wall Mossberg

This will certainly open up a lot of possibilities! :D

If the iPhone’s Web browser is so good, why can’t it play video on Web sites I visit?

At launch, the iPhone version of the Safari browser is missing some plug-ins needed for playing common types of Web videos. The most important of these is the plug-in for Adobe’s Flash technology. Apple says it plans to add that plug-in through an early software update, which I am guessing will occur within the next couple of months. However, a separate program included on the iPhone can play a limited selection of videos from YouTube, and the phone can play videos you purchase from Apple’s iTunes store, and certain videos you create yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
that sounds like a pretty awesome update and will make the iphone that much more desirable.. much better than this treo I am typing on now.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
that sounds like a pretty awesome update and will make the iphone that much more desirable.. much better than this treo I am typing on now.

Yeah, plus you can do a lot more fancy effects with Flash. Can't wait to see some emulators utilizing Flash & the multi-touch screen, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Having built-in flash support will make it quite difficult to stay away from the iPhone. I don't think there are any other phones out there with support for embedded flash video, so having this feature would be amazing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPhone
Even with all the hype, I don't think people realize quite how much could be done on this platform.

Yes, there are physical limitations like EDGE and a lack of GPS, etc..but basically the **** thing is all software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
I really wish they would release an update that supports flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
A sign of things to come could be the glidemobile announcement that it will be supporting iPhone. When going to their site after creating an account, the first this it does is to see if your browser/OS has flash installed. One could deduce that Flash must be coming soon if they support iPhone and it requires Flash. Then again, could be nothing too.
-Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.