I did it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Well about a week back i asked a question about purchasign a mini, and many of you told me to get an imac. I went to the local apple store on tuesday after work, and the whole way there i was convincing myself that the mini was the way to go for me since it is cheaper and this computer is more of a filler until i upgrade to the mac pro.

I got there and began takling to a sales person and they tried to sell me on the 17 inch imac and i said no. As i was waiting for my mini to be brought out i got to playing with one and then i played with a 20 inch imac. I fell in love.

Needless to say i went home with a 20 imac 2.16 ggz core 2 duo. BEst choice u ever made. After using it for a couple of days, i may not need to upgrade to the mac pro :) jk. Only downside is that it only came with 1 gig of ram and crucial is out og 2 gigs. O well its minor.

Just want to thank everyone for you input and help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
you wont be sorry with your choice! keep in mind if they guy was trying to sell you an imac there is a good chance he really did feel it was better for your needs.. Apple employees dont make commission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive
great choice...you will be very happy

Reaction score
I should hopefully recieve my 24" imac this week, with 2.33 Ghz dual core, 3gb ram ,Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT 256mb video card, 500gb hard drive, wireless keyboard & mouse, and Final Cut Studio 2.

Oooohh, I can't wait.

Even iMovie does more than my current PC editing software.

T

todd51

I was going to get a 20" iMac when I was trying to decide on what to get, but I really wanted something portable so I went with my MBP.

When using the iMacs at school, it still makes me want a nice pretty iMac sitting on my desk, but oh well. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz 20"+Macbook 2GHz (unibody)+MacMini 2 GHz+iPod Touch 16Gb+more
Hey gomez1018.
Snap! I have done exactly the same thing! (Are you my long lost twin, by any chance?)
I even ended up with the same model as you.
Cost £1000 here in the UK, I wonder what they cost in the USA?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I did it about 7 months ago and I've loved it ever since. Never been sorry one day! :D

The 20" iMac's cost about $1500.00 in the U.S.A.

Enjoy, and come back to the forums often. It's a great place to hang out and learn more about your awesome purchase. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
I wonder why crucial would run out of 2GB sticks?

OP
gomez1018
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Hey gomez1018.
Snap! I have done exactly the same thing! (Are you my long lost twin, by any chance?)
I even ended up with the same model as you.
Cost £1000 here in the UK, I wonder what they cost in the USA?

LOL......Ya it cost about $1500 but i also bought an ipod mini for my fiance (rebate so its free), dvi to mini dvi, apple care.

Also in regards to the ram from crucial. After I called them i got an email saying that my order had shipped and is due in today. I think they may just be back stocked and having trouble filling we border from thier website. SO call them if you cannot buy it online.

Again thanks for everyones help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
LOL......Ya it cost about $1500 but i also bought an ipod mini for my fiance (rebate so its free)

*Ahem* iPod nano. Sorry to be pedantic, but they are completely different things ;D

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

OP
gomez1018
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*Ahem* iPod nano. Sorry to be pedantic, but they are completely different things ;D

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

O wow!:Shouting: :eek: good catch. lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.