Problems with Mail.app & Gmail, please advise.

Reaction score
Problems with Mail.App & Gmail after I have moved back to Mac are really getting to me, but I am sure there must be some sort of workaround.

Ok, well as we all know Gmail uses a conversation (thread like) system that no other email uses (that I am aware of anyway). I have set up my Gmail in Mail.app and everytime I send or recieve mail I also recieve mail that I have sent in my Inbox.

As I mentioned above, this is the result of Gmail using a conversation system as far as I know.

Can anyone recommend a way to prevent this from happening becuase I would like to use Mail for my e-mail. Sure, Gmail is great, but when I'm using my Mac I want to use Mail because its a cool app.

Thanks

iRock ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
hmm... go to my thread in Switchers Hangout and follow those directions when setting up your account because I'm not having that problem...

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply chontos. I'll go there any see how I get on. I'll post back here when I see the result ;)

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I found out what I was doing wrong.

I had POP already enabled... I had to disable it and then enable it again for "all messages from not on" to get it sorted so that there wasn't an attack on my Hard drive! :D

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
Haha, awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.