Quick question to do with charging via USB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
Im considering getting an iphone from ebay or somewhere (im in the UK so there are none over here) and obviously i cannot use the supplied AC adapter.
My question is does the iphone charge over the USB cable like the iPods?

Reaction score
You can just get a 'US to UK' plug adapter for it. This just slots over the two pin socket.

I have a macbook pro from the US. All I needed was a plug converter and was set. It even gives me £ sign on the keyboard. There has been no problems what so ever.

Only issue is that an Iphone for the UK from the US is virtually useless unless its unlocked. There aren't any unlocked yet but its early days.

When they are unlocked they may loose some of the network specific options which would cut down the usability.

I am in two minds about this one. I want it for its beauty, style and the way it works. But most of the functions are quite useless for me.

I need a decent loudspeaker, GPS (tomtom) and fast internet with sync with entourage. The Iphone doesn't really offer the ideal combination of these.

Reaction score
not only does it charge over the USB but it actually charges faster. I had mine on the ac adapter over night and it wasn't FULLY charged, it was good, but not completely charged. If I leave it on the USB it's fully charged in a few hours.

*note to masterforge* You're right about the lack of speaker, gps and FAST internet. If you're hooked to a GOOD wifi it's ok, but using at&t is REALLY slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.