UK Keyboard Map - Windows XP on MacBook

Reaction score
Hello.

I am a brand new user of a MacBook. I am dual booting OSX and Windows XP Pro using Bootcamp.

I wonder if someone can clear up a UK keyboard question for me?

When in Windows XP I was expecting the Apple drivers to assign the correct symbols to the correct keys (i.e. @ is in the right place for a Windows keyboard but does not match the legend on the keys of the Apple keyboard). Have I set something up wrong or am I expected remember where characters are supposed to be?

Also... anyone shed any light on the whole subject of no backslash? I have a little application that solves that for me at the moment called Backslasher but would be interested to hear from you.

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
go into the contral panel and then Keyboard setting etc and change it ot the Apple configuration and then set as default and remove the old one. that will get all the keys back correctly.

Reaction score
Do you mean that on a UK keyboard, the " is where the @ is and vice versa? Yup, this took me a while to get used to but I haven't messed around with any settings to be honest. I have just got used to using an american-ish style setup of my " being right next to the shift, and @ over the number 2 lolol.

Keeps me on my toes anyway haha, I keep typing it wrong on Windows machines now.

OP
J
Reaction score
go into the contral panel and then Keyboard setting etc and change it ot the Apple configuration and then set as default and remove the old one. that will get all the keys back correctly.

Thanks a lot... much appreciated. Only one more problem key to the left of the 'Z' key does not give the correct symbols! Is that normal????

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.