Starting to wonder if Airtunes is worth the trouble...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16GHz, 23" Cinema Display, iPod Hi-Fi, Airport Extreme/Express, iPod, iPhone 8GB
Guys/Gals,
I've been operating an AirPort Express for Airtunes and wireless printing via Bonjour network for about 10 months now. At point of purchase/install she worked great however after relocating home and office I noticed that the **** thing has never worked as it did initially. I have set and reset, updated and refreshed, unplugged and relocated and NOTHING is fixing this issue.

Example. I play iTunes music. Music streams to Apple Hi-Fi and cuts out sporadically every minute or so. Is there a patch or update for this issue? There is no signal interference that I see or notice. All signal strength from my AirPort Extreme is perfect.

I am honestly about to lose my mind if I cannot fix this. Any help would be IMMENSELY APPRECIATED. I'm a recent switcher and this is one of only corks I have run in to. Second is some update disclaimer I get as pop up at point of restart. Shows a semi conductor chip and green arrow and I cannot rid the thing.

TIA all!

-Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i would change the channel.. I would think something in the area is on the same channel.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16GHz, 23" Cinema Display, iPod Hi-Fi, Airport Extreme/Express, iPod, iPhone 8GB
Under Airport Admin settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I had this problem when I was running my Airport express at college, and I never figured out what was causing it. Doesn't do it now that I'm back at home.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I exchanged the Airport Express thinking it was an internal problem and still nothing. I also changed the channel from 1 to automatic and it worked for about hour and then kicked in again. Mind you I have a few computers on the network but I was testing this around 2am when I was the only one in the household online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Download iStumbler and see what networks it finds and what channels they are on. Choose your own Airport channel to be as far away from those as possible... (If they're all on 1 or 2 pick a higher channel like 8 or 9).

Note that running iStumbler will cause it to poll your network every so often, which will in turn cause Airtunes to drop out every few seconds, so remember to quite it before checking to see if Airtunes works properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.