Excel to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm an ex PC user making the adjustment to the all things Mac and wonderful.

I have Excel for Mac 2004 and I am trying to print to pdf using the onboard "Save to PDF" function. Two problems:

1 - When viewing completed pdf documents, the border cell lines do not show as they do in Excel. (Similar issues in Word BTW).
2 - "Save to pdf" only saves one sheet at a time. With Acrobat Writer I could save an entire workbook as one pdf file.

Online searches for shareware has led nowhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as some habits die hard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. Make sure that Print Gridlines is enabled in File -> Page Setup -> Sheet
2. When you go to file Print, make sure to select the Entire Workbook from the Print What section

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't need to print gridlines but border lines (Format Cells... Borders). The corners of the drawn boder line shows in pdf but not the actual line (my excel sheets make heavy use of double border lines).

Choosing the entire workbook does not work either. All sheets get processed but only the last sheet in the workbook actually gets "printed" in the resulting pdf document file. Basically the pdf option works quite differently than regular printing.

Is there a shareware/freeware option out there for a MAC pdf creator such as there is for CutePDF for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.