Can I use the Education Store?

Reaction score
I'll be attending college this fall and I wanted to purchase a MBP online today. I've been searching through the forums all day now but I still can't find an answer to my question.

On Apple's website, it says:
Higher Education

* Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions.
* Students attending or accepted into a higher education institution.
I'm currently "accepted" into my college but I don't have a Student ID card or anything yet to prove that I am a student. However, I do have my student ID number. How does Apple check your eligibility for online Education Store purchases? From what I've been reading, they check with the school to make sure you are a student or they charge you the difference later. I'm pretty sure I am registered at my college as a student entering in the fall, but I have not registered for classes yet. Will only being accepted pose a problem as opposed to being a currently attending student?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
wait until you have some classes lined up and you are "full fledged" so to speak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can purchase. I was surprising my sister with a macbook for college and all I could find was her acceptance letter and that was good enough at the store

OP
softtack
Reaction score
That's good to know. I think I'll go ahead and order then. I can't wait until when I'm supposed to register for classes (late August) because I have some things I need the MBP for before that. I could always duke it out later with AppleCare if there's a problem.

Thanks for your replies.

Reaction score
That's good to know. I think I'll go ahead and order then. I can't wait until when I'm supposed to register for classes (late August) because I have some things I need the MBP for before that. I could always duke it out later with AppleCare if there's a problem.

Thanks for your replies.

Lucky.
My chances have taken a turn for the worse.
I might not even GET a Mac, now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer
just as trpnmonkey41 mentioned, provide a letter from the school and you will be set. congrats

Reaction score
I was able to get my Macbook with the student discount and free ipod nano, without having to provide any proof of being a student.

OP
softtack
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered my MBP with a 30GB iPod Video for my dad. It went through without a hitch, if you don't count me fainting after seeing the total price. Oh well, that's the price of owning a Mac...

If issues come up with my eligiblity, I'll just do what trpnmonkey41 and show them my acceptance letter. We'll see how it goes. If I'm not back here complaining, everything went fine. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.