I have GOT to stop taking apart this thing

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long story short I opened up my macbook to fix a simple problem, but upon returning it back to its original conidition I found it no longer wanted to boot. :\

I keep getting the dreaded flashing folder question mark combo. I thought maybe it was a RAM problem as I've come accross that before, and made sure it was properly inserted. The hard drive seems to push and all the way and feels solid, I didn't bump or drop anything during my dissection so I have no idea what could have caused this.

Is there any way to properly troubleshoot this? I don't really want to open up this thing again as something seems to go wrong everytime I do. I don't have another apple machine to test the hard drive on so I'm hoping there is just some common fix I'm overlooking that you guys could point out.

I have a feeling I'll be smacking myself in a head and saying "D'oh" very shortly...

Thanks.

OP
Skowey
Reaction score
Consider me head smacked..

I haven't a clue what I did, but apparently constantly pulling out the hard drive and pushing it back it while getting annoyed has fixed the problem...

Thanks anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
hmm, weird. glad it's fixed though, :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
as it should have, the blinking folder with question mark means that it cant find a boot directory...this problem in your situation means you didnt plug in your hard drive correctly
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0Ghz... new Intel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.