Printing Issue with Office 2004

Reaction score
I assume the Paper Size is set to A4 and at a scale of 100%? (This is in File > Page Setup)

OP
H
Reaction score
You assume correct

The printer page size is A4,
In MS Word > File > Page setup > Paper size is set to A4 also

Just found out its happening on all programs i use, powerpoint, excel and other non-office programs

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you are printing from a Macbook?

Seeing as it is a laptop, I would advise that you try it on another printer to see what happens if you can at all.

At least then if the result is the same you can pin point the problem to Office.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, L2 Cache- 4MB, Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,
My problem is when i try to print a full page document, it prints out only on 1 quarter of the page

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5664/textfw8.jpg

I don't think i've changed any settings in Word, but can't be sure, how do i change it back to full page printout?

You assume correct

The printer page size is A4,
In MS Word > File > Page setup > Paper size is set to A4 also

Just found out its happening on all programs i use, powerpoint, excel and other non-office programs

I've run into the same problem with my printer (Canon i9900). At first I thought it might be an issue with my network at work, but I get the same results when I connect the printer directly to my MacBook Pro. I hope it's something that can be corrected easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, L2 Cache- 4MB, Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,
I've found the solution for my printer, and I hope it works for others...

I went into Systems Preferences, and clicked on Print & Fax. There I saw my Canon i9900 listed under "Kind:" as "BJC-8200 GIMP-Print" Not knowing what a GIMP-Print was, I Googled it and found the following web page:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

The page pointed to an updated Gimp-Print driver, which is now called Gutenprint. They describe it as follows:

"Gutenprint 5.1.2 is a development release of Gutenprint 5.1. It is based on Gutenprint 5.0.0. This is the first Mac OS X release to contain several new features: Shrink the output necessary to fit the imageable area of the page. Crop the output if necessary to fit the imageable area of the page. Expand the output to fit the maximum possible imageable area of the page. It also contains support for many more printers, improved quality, and enhanced functionality. Mac OS X Jaguar users need ESP GhostScript for full support. ESP Ghostscript is not required for users running Mac OS X "Panther" or later."

Note that this driver is for Mac OS X (10.2 and later), specifically for Canon, Epson, Lexmark and PCL printers. If you're using one of those brands, the download may work for you. It worked for me, and I can now print on the entire page (brilliant!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.