can't connect using bluetooth GPRS cell phone :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 GHz
Hi!

I've tried connecting my iBook G4 to the internet by GPRS using my Samsung SGH-E760 cell phone. Depending on the "modem" which I select in the Bluetooth Modem section in Network Settings, I get different results... most of the time I get a script error before it even tries to connect, but sometimes I almost get connected. In these cases, the error I get in the Connection Log window is "LCP terminated by peer (PDP context activation failed, no network protocol running)" It seems that it's almost connected at that time, because the messages before that one are "Remote message: Login OK" and "PAP authentication succeeded". When I try to connect to the internet on the cell phone, everything works well, so the GPRS settings on the cell phone are probably ok.

Can anyone help me fix that problem? I've tried looking for some information on the internet, but it seems that either I'm the first person ever trying to connect to the internet using a Samsung E760, or I'm the first person ever who has a problem with it... :( A modem script made for that cell phone also doesn't seem to exist anywhere...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You can get excellent information at howardforums.com. It is all about cell phone and computer matchups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.