Finally got myself a Mac...

Reaction score
Not really liking it so far.

I am too used to windows! Can anyone give me any tips to switch mac shortcuts to Windows Short cuts and that.

Why can't Mac just have a normal fullscreen :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
What? What aren't you liking about it? You're not being very clear.

Do you mean keyboard shortcuts? If so, go here.

When you ask why 'X' feature isn't in OS X, you're basically asking 'why isn't OS X Windows?'

OP
M
Reaction score
I dont know How I am going to come!
I hate iTunes, and I know I haven't had it for long but even linux was easet to use!

Is there anything I could configure to make it work more like Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Sorry, but I tried to warn you.

THIS. IS. NOT. WINDOWS. IT. IS. MAC. OS. X. DO NOT EXPECT IT TO BE THE SAME.

There, I'm done.

I don't see what's wrong with iTunes, it's really easy to use, and I've never had any trouble with it. You're not being clear, what is wrong with OS X??????

I

idave

I didnt like it at first just like anything you need to learn how it works. Iv had my MacBook for one week, i even have a copy of XP and i dont even feel the need to install it. I realllly like osx i have used win95 to Vista and none of them come close to osx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
When I switched five years ago, I, too, tried to make everything harder than it needed to be by trying to work like I did in Windows. Then the light bulb came on, and I realized how perfectly simple the mac way was, and I learned to relax and enjoy the experience! It is really so easy to use a mac -- so logical, so straightforward.

Working full-screen is so Windows! The smaller screens allow for so much more flexibility and ease of moving from one app to the next. Try it for a while!

Give it time, relax, and you will love the mac experience!

Reaction score
Not really liking it so far.

I am too used to windows! Can anyone give me any tips to switch mac shortcuts to Windows Short cuts and that.

Why can't Mac just have a normal fullscreen :Grimmace:

If you didn't think you were ready to make the adjustment or you were too comfortable with Windows then why did you buy a Mac?

It really really is ridiculous. You've got to be smarter about your purchases.

Reaction score
As someone who is considering a switch, I'm jumpin' into this thread.
:)

Well I hope you're a more educated buyer than the OP.
"everyone says macs are cool so I'm going to buy a really expensive one"
The smarter thing to do would have been to go the Apple Store and play around with them and see if they work the way you need them to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I dont know How I am going to come!
I hate iTunes, and I know I haven't had it for long but even linux was easet to use!

Is there anything I could configure to make it work more like Windows.

trust me. dont give up. you will prefer it in the end. took me a couple weeks to get used to it.

not be dispondant 2 days in.

Reaction score
It's like bying a motor bike and not liking it because it drives different than a car.
Can't believe how you can switch without even knowing and expecting that it's different... Ah well, he might get rid of it and makes somebody happy who is willing to switch.

...still don't know what he meant with the full screen thing.

Reaction score
It's like bying a motor bike and not liking it because it drives different than a car.
Can't believe how you can switch without even knowing and expecting that it's different... Ah well, he might get rid of it and makes somebody happy who is willing to switch.

I think he means that in Windows you can make a window full screen and work only in that window.
I guess he's not used to multi-tasking.

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a Mac user... but I think he means that on Windows you can maximize a window to take up the ENTIRE screen (100% of it). I'm not sure a Mac works that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Well, I'm not a Mac user... but I think he means that on Windows you can maximize a window to take up the ENTIRE screen (100% of it). I'm not sure a Mac works that way.

You're correct. The philosophy behind OS X's fullscreen button is to make windows just big enough to display all of the information in them. This being said, however, the behavior of this button is extremely erratic from application to application, and does different things at different times. It is admittedly something that Apple should fix, IMHO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
You're correct. The philosophy behind OS X's fullscreen button is to make windows just big enough to display all of the information in them. This being said, however, the behavior of this button is extremely erratic from application to application, and does different things at different times. It is admittedly something that Apple should fix, IMHO.

Nicely put. I was wondering why I would get different results from different windows. Sometimes I like apps covering all the full screen, so I just drag them to make them bigger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Oh, I don't know about that. It sometimes seems that the green button is randomly selecting sizes when clicked, but then again I don't use the green button all that often since I didn't really use apps screen-maximized back before I got a Mac. Then again, I've been multitasking since back in the UNIX workstation days of the late '80s.

One time that is very useful to use the green button for is with Preview viewing PDF files. Preview seems to always select some random itty-bitty font so I need to zoom within Preview to get the font readable. But then the text runs off each side of the window, so for say, a train schedule that's wider than it is tall. I could scroll sideways with my MM ball, but all I have to do is hit the green button, and preview zaps it so that it's wide enough to read the entire page at the current zoom.

I think it's just Apple's mysterious, and no doubt well thought rules for what the green button should do in any given situation. With windows, the equivalent button does one thing that most Mac users don't have any use for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.