Which Screen Protector is best-Is it necessary?

Reaction score
I am looking for a screen protector for my new iPhone. I've heard the one Apple sells at their stores is the PIA-01 iPhone Crystal Film Set. I've used the ClearTouch protectors and like them and see they make one for the iPhone now.
My only concern is first, Is it necessary to have a screen protector? Next, do they in any way degrade the performance of the multi-touch screen? Most of all, if I get one what is a good brand to look at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
If you see the post about the iPhone stress test, it seems to me that the scratch-resistant glass is good enough that you don't need a protective film. The primary function of the screen protector is just that -- to protect from scratches, but the iPhone seems to do a fine job against normal wear and abrasion... so long as you don't take a knife to the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.