Got My Macbook Today...One Problem Though.

Reaction score
I got my Macbook today at the store today. opened it up, everything's working great. Just need to get used to this keyboard.

Anyways, as I was browsing on Safari I noticed that there were previsisted websites in the history. Now normally I wouldn't mind if these were like eBay or Amazon, etc, but most of these sites were pretty random. I'm worried that the system I got could have been used by someone else..? I bought it new. Anyone experience the same thing?

Reaction score
I got my Macbook today at the store today. opened it up, everything's working great. Just need to get used to this keyboard.

Anyways, as I was browsing on Safari I noticed that there were previsisted websites in the history. Now normally I wouldn't mind if these were like eBay or Amazon, etc, but most of these sites were pretty random. I'm worried that the system I got could have been used by someone else..? I bought it new. Anyone experience the same thing?

That's really weird.

OP
Z
Reaction score
They seem to be mostly RSS feed websites from newspapers. As well as some other sites such as howstuffworks, macaddict. Nothing too random, but still, it worries me to see this in the history. Is there a way to look further into the history than one day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
are you sure you bought it new? did you pay less than what apple is asking on the web site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is odd, maybe it was QA'd at the factory and they forgot to reload it?

OP
Z
Reaction score
QA'd? I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow. I don't like the idea of buying a system that might have been taken in, tampered with and shipped out again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quality Assurance testing

Reaction score
thats common. With safari they have preloaded websites that auto complete for you. Its on my computer as well. When I downloaded firefox, there were no websites there

OP
Z
Reaction score
That makes sense. I just found it very awkward that when I was typing in addresses in Safari for the first time and the address bar bring up the Warner Bros. website, haha. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
lol i've never experienced that. Must of been scary when you bought your macbook and you wer so pleased then you thought it was second hand.

Oh well good luck with your MB and may it bring many joyful days (what possessed me to say that i will never know)

MAcs rule <33

read my signature hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

ring apple support. quote your serial number (top left of screen apple logo and click about this mac)

ask them if its a refurbished model as it could have been put out on the shelf by accident.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
true, that may have happened, although it is unlikely... nonetheless those ip addresses should not be there, some should but warnerbrothers.com should not be, and even if it is a refurbished model, the addresses should have been deleted...

-check with apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.