"Media Base" type docking station for MBP?

Reaction score
My Dell D420 has a "Media Base" docking station. It's the exact same footprint size as the laptop, and you literally just snap the laptop in (or out) of the Base. It's very easy to use, and best of all, it doesn't take up ANY extra footprint space -- not an inch.

Does the Macbook Pro have anything like this?

Here's a visual, if it helps.

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
they don't really have something like that since the apple laptops don't have the docing connector at the bottom. there are docking stations though, which look like this:

http://www.bookendzdocks.com/Docking_Stations-Docking_Station_for_15_MacBook_Pro.html

it's a solution but in my opinion not as nice as the "real" docking stations over the connector at the bottom. always wanted to get one to try it out, but didn't really get around to do it...

OP
S
Reaction score
they don't really have something like that since the apple laptops don't have the docing connector at the bottom.
Ahh, right... I forgot about looking for the connector on the bottom.

Bummer. I really like that type of docking station.

Oh well, thanks for the info.

Reaction score
yah.. I would think at least the MBP should have it. kind of weird that apple never did it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i saw that dock in a mac magazine yesterday, looks like the best solution, but at 300$, ill pass

OP
S
Reaction score
i saw that dock in a mac magazine yesterday, looks like the best solution, but at 300$, ill pass
Yeah, I agree about the price. $300 is nuts for that thing.

But regardless of the price, it looks like it unnecessarily takes up extra desk space -- not to mention it covers the exact area where I keep my mouse pad. :(

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm really kinda bummed about this.

I work from home, and I pop my laptop in & out of the docking station A LOT. It would be a hassle to plug everything in (and unplug everything) each and every time... especially the external monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.