Macbook Screen Question

Reaction score
I'm entering college next year, and I'm posed with the decision between the macbook or a 17 inch imac computer. Now I know most college students buy laptops, but I have to say, the larger screen is rather appealing to me.

My question is, do any of you macbook owners out there get tired of the smaller screen?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
It really isnt that small of a screen. I think it actually hits a sweet spot between portability and the ability to watch movies and whatnot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I'm used to big-honking CRT's (or LCD's) 20" or bigger, with resolution cranked up to 1600x1200 or higher if they'll go up

For some reason, I love the size of the 13.3" 1280x800 Macbook screen, and rarely run a spanned external monitor even though I have one, and a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter.

The screens on the Pros are really nice, but not nice enough to justify carrying a notebook of that size.

Then again, I had a Toshiba Libretto, so I'm partial to small form notebooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive
the macbook is perfect. I use it in school all the time and i think it is great. Screen is perfect size.

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
ruv my macbook, screensize is great, plus its even better when watching a widescreen dvd. :D

Reaction score
I'm used to a 14" and was worried the 13 would be pushing it. I got used to it quick. I'll notice the difference for a minute going between my 2 laptops (14" HP and the 13.3" Mac) but nothing major.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.